AGGREGATION OF GLOBAL AND RUSSIAN EXPERIENCE IN MASTER PLANNING: FROM WORDS TO PRACTICE
Tatiana Guk, Director of the Moscow General Plan Institute
Conversations about the master plan are increasing in the professional urban planning community. Some form of master plans are being developed for different territories: for agglomerations, cities, districts. However, no single universal methodology has been developed to date. As a result, authorities and urban planners have come close to the need for a flexible, but unified document that can become the basis for the development of master plans of cities. But to begin with, it does not hurt to look back, to understand how much effective work has already been done in this area, what experience from foreign practices can be used, and to determine what kind of document Russian cities need.
• What is a master plan in Russia today?
• What tasks need to be solved for the implementation of master plans in Russian cities?
• What are the peculiarities of developing a master plan for cities with less than a million inhabitants?
• How will the urban area change thanks to the master plan?
• Customer of the master plan — who is he?