Andrey Kaprin — Director, Federal State Budgetary Institution National Medical Research Radiological Centre of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
· Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Academician of RAS, Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation.
· Director General of the National Medical Research Radiological Centre (NMRRC) of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Director of the P.A. Herzen Moscow Cancer Research Institute, a branch of NMRRC.
· He is one of the leading specialists in the Russian Federation in the field of diagnosis and treatment of oncological diseases. Throughout the scientific and therapeutic activity, Andrey Kaprin conducts a purposeful development of modern methods of surgical and combined treatment of kidney, bladder, prostate and other localizations.
· Since 2014, Andrey Kaprin is heaing the first Russian scientific medical cluster in the field of oncology - the Federal State Budgetary Institution "National Medical Research Radiological Centre" of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, which was established on the basis of three leading medical centers - P. Herzen, A.Tsyb MRRC, and N. Lopatkin Research Institute of Urology and Interventional Radiology.
· At present, being the head of the NMRRC of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, being an academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences in oncoradiology, he supervises the development of nuclear medicine, radiology and radiotherapy in our country. He has taken charge of most complex and promising areas in the industry: the technical re-equipment of the radiation therapy departments of the regions, the creation of a program and a center for the development of contact methods of irradiation, the introduction and expansion of the first national medical proton center in the country, the introduction of modern methods of training specialists in radiology and radiotherapy, iIncluding telecommunication training and master classes in the regions, many of which are conducted by himself.
· Every year Andrey Kaprin performs over 300 complex surgical interventions for various oncological diseases.
· He has trained more than 300 doctors, including residents and graduate students. Under his leadership, 27 dissertations for the degree of candidate of medical sciences and 9 doctoral dissertations were prepared and successfully defended. The result of many years of hard work was the publication of more than 700 printed scientific works.