Yuriy Zhulev — President, Russian Hemophilia Society
In 1985, graduated from the school number 856 (Moscow).
In 1991, graduated from the Moscow State Law University.
In 1989, he was elected Vice President of Hemophilia Association (later renamed Hemophilia Society) that was established the same year.
Since 1993, he was the President of the Hemophilia Society.
In 2000, at the founding congress of the Russian Hemophilia Society he was elected its President, and he still holds this position.
In 2002–2004, he was a board member of the European Hemophilia Consortium and member of the World Federation of Hemophilia. He was named ‘Best volunteer’ of the World Federation of Hemophilia for his active work in CIS countries.
At present, he also holds the following positions:
• Co-chairman of the Russian Union of Patients Public Societies;
• Member of Commission for the Disabled under President of the Russian Federation;
• Head of the working group for improvement of the state sociomedical assessment system and monitoring of implementation of decisions made for the Commission for the Disabled under President of the Russian Federation;
• Co-chair of the Council of public agencies for patients’ rights for the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation;
• Deputy Chairman of the Public Council of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation;
• Member of Council of public agencies for patients’ rights for Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare;
• Member of Moscow’s regional department of All-Russia People's Front.
Yury Zhulyov was awarded with an honorary certificate by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, an honorary certificate by the Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare and Social Development.